Industry, Impartiality and Integrity
To uphold the Constitution of India and law of the land through in-depth investigation and successful prosecution of offences; to provide leadership and direction to police forces and to act as the nodal agency for enhancing inter-state and international cooperation in law enforcement.
Based on its motto, mission and the need to develop professionalism, transparency, adaptability to change and use of science and technology in its working, the CBI will focus on:
- Combating corruption in public life, curb economic and violent crimes through meticulous investigation and prosecution.
- Evolve effective systems and procedures for successful investigation and prosecution of cases in various law courts.
- Help fight cyber and high technology crime.
- Create a healthy work environment that encourages team-building, free communication and mutual trust.
- Support state police organizations and law enforcement agencies in national and international cooperation particularly relating to enquiries and investigation of cases.
- Play a lead role in the war against national and transnational organized crime.
- Uphold Human Rights, protect the environment, arts, antiques and heritage of our civilization.
- Develop a scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform.
- Strive for excellence and professionalism in all spheres of functioning so that the organization rises to high levels of endeavor and achievement